“You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.”
~Psalms 139:13-16 (NLT)
There is no greater compliment to God than being yourself! There is power in simply being you. It is important to embrace the core essence of being yourself, and all it entails in order to manifest God’s purpose in your life. It has been my experience that my light shines the brightest when I embody every aspect of who I am. This ReCode moment came to me as I was attending a conference a couple of weeks ago. Oftentimes, especially at professional or special functions I have made the grave mistake of acting stiff or reserve because that’s what I thought would be seen as acceptable. Not this time! I was my true self, speaking, laughing, verbalizing my ideas & thoughts and being the ball of energy I am. I didn’t try to shy away from what comes natural to me, and because of this I was able to meet so many great people. In fact, I had a participant come up to me and tell me how much she appreciated my energy and that my light was refreshing. She was thankful to see such a happy, positive person. I’m not saying this to brag, I’m sharing this because it dawned on me in that moment that we dim God’s light in us when we act outside of the true essence of ourselves.
Embrace your individuality, you were divinely created & programmed for your purpose. A lot of people miss the mark, not because they don’t try, or because they don’t have the resources, time or money; they miss the mark because they do not remain true to themselves on the journey. Having facades, pretentiousness, or chasing status will only bring fleeting satisfaction.
I can’t help but wonder why so many people feel they are not enough and have lost sight of the things that make them beautiful as a person. I have developed 6 key strategies in helping relieve these feelings of inadequacy and instead promote the ability to operate in the power of you:
- Embrace individualism: There is no one like you in all the earth! Everything from your thought process y to the way you move makes you -YOU!
- Spend some time with YOU- The best way to get to know a person is to spend time with them. This may seem silly, but get to know yourself. Identify activities, or actions that make you feel at your best and recognize those things that cause you to become uneasy and work through the why.
- Know your creator– Your were intentionally created, designed and formed. My friends always laugh at me when I say this, but you out lived millions of sperm, and out-swam another hundred to get inside your mother’s womb to be born at a precise moment. It is not by accident you are here. It is in divine order that God saw fit to place you on this side of life. We have every reason to be confident, look who our father is! He saw you before you were born. Every moment he knew, every heartache he knew, every success he knew, every hope he knew, every dream he knew, every failure he knew, every ache he knew, every moment of happiness he knew BEFORE a single day had passed. If you wholly comprehend this thought alone, the course of your entire life will change. (Look for more on this in a separate blog as I write I feel extremely joyful by this thought that it must be expounded upon. WHEW!!! this one is so powerful!)
- Operate in YOUR mode- Don’t allow others to cause you to act in a way that is outside of yourself. Figure out how you best deal with conflict, or difficult situations and don’t become reactive to negativity.
- Embrace change- Who you are now and who you will become years from now will be different & that’s ok for growth. The core of who you are will never go away; it may get buried by a wide range of emotions and various stimuli at a particular time but this is when you have to dig deep to get back to your core being.
- You are not perfect, and you will never be perfect, but what you can offer to the world is the best, dynamic, authentic version of YOU!
Although I use the NLT version for the purposes of the quote above I really like that the KJV version states we are fearfully and wonderfully made. The next part of the scripture goes on to state (vs.17-18), this will make you smile:
How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
They cannot be numbered!
I can’t even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
you are still with me!
You are so powerful as an individual. Our creator thinks so lovely of us, and yet we choose not to think that way of ourselves. It’s not important that we conform to what others think, do, say and act, it’s important that we think, do, say and act in a way that’s true to who we are. Our thought process must change to continually reaffirm that our strength and our power lies at the core of our authentic self. Don’t dim your light..let the Power of You Shine!
Today’s ReCode Message-ReCode from Conformity to the Power of YOU!