The Alignment Factor
As I grow older I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.
Many of us at one point or another have heard the saying “actions speak louder than words”. We base our trust in relationships on the actions of our partner; we determine how effective a leader is by whether or not their words align with their actions. The truth of the matter is many of us say things all the time that we mean; but don’t align our actions to produce the desired result.
I’ll use myself as an example; I have said numerous times I need to lose weight and get into shape. I will get on a good healthy regimen, but before I know it I’m saying the words all over again because my actions did not remain consistent. If you are honest with yourself there are things you have said you wanted to do, but don’t align your actions to produce results.
**THE ALIGNMENT CHALLENGE: I have developed the 30 Day Alignment challenge for myself; and I’m encouraging the ReCoded blog family to take the alignment challenge with me and share your results. The Challenge is outlined below:
- Choose 1 Area to concentrate on for 30 Days: Physical, Mental, Emotional, or Spiritual
- Write down your current state and desired results/outcome
- Record the Journey: Track outcomes, new opportunities, feelings etc.
- KEEP GOING: If you miss a day, or don’t do something you plan don’t quit. It’s only a detour.
- Celebrate any and all success
It’s that easy.
How to Stay Aligned:
- Say what you mean and mean what you say
- Be accountable to yourself and find an accountability partner
- Model the behavior you seek
- Don’t be reactive but remain proactive
- Be conscious and aware
- Focus on the things you can control
- Be consistent & Take it 1 day at a time
- Remain disipline (yep this one’s tough)
Today we are ENCODING our Words to Align with our Actions!